IQF Gorgonzola Cubes (pasteurised)
Gorgonzola Cubes (pasteurised) is a blue-veined cheese made from pasteurised cow’s milk.
Gorgonzola is a Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO) cheese elaborated in Italy.
The product is cleverly portioned in cubes and very easy to use.
Our IQF freezing system and smart portioning ensure that kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour. At the same time it’s easy to keep a tight control on costs and also keep waste to a minimum.
Typical applications are: salads, sauces, pizza, pasta and soups.
Freezing and portioning process:
Selected Gorgonzola loaves are slowly pasteurised to 74° C before dicing. The pasteurised Gorgonzola is then cut and cubes are individually quick frozen to stop the ageing process. The bacteriological charge of this typical and savoury cheese is very much reduced and is it safe to introduce in a controlled production environment.
Product loss is virtually nil and use of IQF frozen is more economical over regular chilled and unportioned Gorgonzola cheese in cylinders or quarts. Kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour, keep a tight control on costs and improve food safety.
- Pasteurised cow’s milk (collected in the area of the ‘Consorzio di Tutela del formaggio Gorgonzola’)
- Lactic and mould cultures
Origin & certification:
- Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO)
- Only product destined for use in the Food industry can still be labeled ‘Gorgonzola’
- Production plant HACCP, IFS and/or BRC certified
- Non GMO product elaborated without additives
- Appearance: paste cream coloured, with few openings and veined with green mould
- Taste: sharp and creamy, typical of Italian blue cheese
- Texture (thawed): supple and creamy
- Cube dimensions: 10 x 10 x 15 mm or 3 x 10 x 15 mm
- Available in either Food Service or Industrial pack size
This product offers all the advantages associated with IQF Cheese products:
- Taste and texture identical to the original product
- Stable and reliable quality, box after box
- Fixed ingredient cost thanks to simple portion control
- Easy handling, frozen or thawed
- No clumping and no anti-caking agents added
- Efficient stock management with a long shelf life under frozen conditions
- Minimal product loss