IQF Gorgonzola Cubes
IQF Gorgonzola Cubes is a blue-veined cheese made from pasteurised cow’s milk.
Gorgonzola is a Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO) cheese elaborated in Italy.
The product is cleverly portioned in cubes and very easy to use.
Our IQF freezing system and smart portioning ensure that kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour. At the same time it’s easy to keep a tight control on costs and also keep waste to a minimum.
Typical applications are: salads, sauces, pizza, pasta and soups.
Freezing and portioning process:
Selected loaves are cut and cubes are individually quick frozen to stop the ageing process. Product loss is virtually nil and use of IQF frozen is more economical over regular chilled and unportioned blue cheese in cylinders or quarts. Kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour and keep a tight control on costs.
- Pasteurised cow’s milk (collected in the area of the ‘Consorzio di Tutela del formaggio Gorgonzola’)
- Lactic and mould cultures
Origin & certification:
- Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO)
- Production plants HACCP, IFS and/or BRC certified
- Non GMO product elaborated without additives
- Appearance: paste is pale yellow, with few openings and veined with green mould
- Taste: sharp and creamy, typical of Gorgonzola
- Texture (thawed): Supple and creamy
- Cube dimensions: 14 x 14 x 14 mm, slightly irregular
- Available in either Food Service or Industrial pack size
This product offers all the advantages associated with IQF Cheese products:
- Taste and texture identical to the original product
- Stable and reliable quality, box after box
- Fixed ingredient cost thanks to simple portion control
- Easy handling, frozen or thawed
- No clumping and no anti-caking agents added
- Efficient stock management with a long shelf life under frozen conditions
- Minimal product loss