IQF Shredded Red Cheddar
IQF Shredded Red Cheddar is made from pasteurised cow’s milk.
Colour pigments are added during the curdling of the milk and give the cheese it’s typical colour.
IQF Shredded Red Cheddar is available under our Festino™ brand.
The product is cleverly portioned and very easy to use.
Our IQF freezing system and smart portioning ensure that kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour. At the same time it’s easy to keep a tight control on costs and also keep waste to a minimum.
Typical applications are: sandwiches, baked potato, pizza and tex-mex dishes.
Freezing and portioning process:
The IQF shredded Red Cheddar is a tasty product with a strong visual impact. Selected blocs are shredded to proper dimensions and individual shred pieces are instantly quick frozen to stop the ageing process. IQF shredded Red Cheddar is clearly superior to chilled Cheddar in blocs or shred and is a guarantee of high quality and consistent performance.
- Pasteurised cow’s milk
- Lactic cultures
- Microbial rennet
Origin & certification:
- Appearance: paste is orange with no openings
- Texture (thawed): supple and elastic
- Weight: <1g
- Dimension: 3 x 3 x 16 mm, slightly irregular
- Taste: pronounced and slightly acid cheese taste, typical of cheddar
- Available in either Food Service or Industrial pack size
This product offers all the advantages associated with IQF Cheese products:
- Taste and texture identical to the original product
- Stable and reliable quality, box after box
- Fixed ingredient cost thanks to simple portion control
- Easy handling, frozen or thawed
- No clumping and no anti-caking agents added
- Efficient stock management with a 12 month shelf life
- Minimal product loss