IQF Ripened Goat’s Cheese Slices
IQF Ripened Goat Cheese Slices is a rinded fresh cheese made from pasteurised goat’s milk.
Goat’s milk has a low lactose content and is easy to digest.
The product is cleverly portioned in slices and very easy to use.
Our IQF freezing system and smart portioning ensure that kitchen professionals can design new recipes with enhanced flavour. At the same time it’s easy to keep a tight control on costs and also keep waste to a minimum.
Typical applications are: salads, baguettes, panini and pizza.
Freezing and portioning process:
Fresh curd is shaped into logs and ripened in special chambers for a minimum of 11 days when the typical white mould sets on the cheese surface. Logs are then cut to precision for consistent weight and slices quick frozen individually to stop the ageing process.
The slices are chunky and tasty, tailored as an ideal ingredient for natural chilled or baked applications. When baked the mellow center will melt nicely contained within the more consistent chewy rind.
Product loss is virtually nil and offers a big advantage over the handling of chilled short-life Goat cheese. Kitchen professionals can design new recipes and keep a tight control on costs. The product is cleverly portioned in individual slices and very easy to use.
- Pasteurised goat’s milk
- Lactic cultures
- Microbial rennet
- Penicillium candidum
Origin & certification:
- Production plants HACCP, IFS and/or BRC certified
- Non GMO product elaborated without additives
- Appearance: paste is stark white and closed, smooth with no opening
in an edible bloomy white mould rind
- Taste: medium strong, typical of goat’s cheese
- Texture (thawed): soft and grainy
- Slice weight: from 7 to 60g (tailor made on existing diameters)
- Slice dimensions: ∅ from 28 to 80 mm
- Available in either Food Service or Industrial pack size
This product offers all the advantages associated with IQF Cheese products:
- Taste and texture identical to the original product
- Stable and reliable quality, box after box
- Fixed ingredient cost thanks to simple portion control
- Easy handling, frozen or thawed
- No clumping and no anti-caking agents added
- Efficient stock management with a long shelf life under frozen conditions
- Minimal product loss